We have been taking pictures and videos and upload them to Instagram to share them to everyone. Nowadays, most people do that whenever they are with friends, they are on vacation or they just want to shoot a short video to show to their friends.
There are some photos and videos that we can’t just stop but wanting to have it saved in our phone. For photos, what we usually do is screenshot them so they will be saved on our phone but it’s a different case for videos.
Have you ever wondered how to save Instagram videos to your camera roll?
If yes, read on and I will show you how and will provide you few easy steps so you can have those videos saved on your phone.
What are the things you need before attempting to save Instagram videos?
Instagram alone will not do the trick as the application won’t allow you to save the videos and photos. That’s why most people prefer to do a little trick of ‘screenshot’ to save photos. Obviously, that doesn’t work the same with the videos not unless there’s just a frame from the video that you would like to save.
There are multiple applications that you can choose from in order for you to get started:
- Quick Save
- Quick Reposter
For this instance, I will be providing you steps for using Documents 5 as there are multiple apps that you can choose from in downloading videos from Instagram.
Simple steps in downloading Instagram videos to your iPhone
- Look for the Instagram video. Go to Instagram and look for the videos that you would like to download or save on your phone.
- Copy the Instagram video link. Once you were able to search for the Instagram video, click the option which is the three dots beside the username of whoever posted the video. Select “Copy Share URL”.
- Access Documents 5. After copying the Instagram video link, go to your Documents 5 app. At the bottom right corner, you’ll see a blue compass which you need to swipe to the left.
- Search for websites that let you download videos. After swiping the blue compass, the app will let you browse a website that lets you download videos. Type “save videos” and then search or press enter.
- Select your preferred websites. You will have a lot of options to choose from but I usually go with the first one – en.savefrom.net because that’s what I usually use and pretty familiar with it.
- Paste the link copied from Instagram. The website will then ask you to paste a URL. Simply paste the link that has been copied from the Instagram video and press the blue button beside it.
- Wait for the app to download. Press the “Download” button and you can opt to change the file name as it is usually a long set of letters and/or numbers. Wait for the app to finish downloading as you will receive a message saying it has been downloaded.
- Save to your Camera roll. Go back to the Documents page by swiping the blue document icon at the bottom of the app and swiping it to the right. Go to the Downloads folder and select “Edit” and select the video you have downloaded. Afterwards, select “Move” and then select the arrow on the top right corner of the app which says documents and select the Photos and finally press on “Move” on the top right corner to do the magic.
It was so easy!
Indeed, it was. Make sure to check your Camera Roll to make sure that the video was successfully saved on that folder then you are done.